Naveen Patnaik is the Chief Minister of Orissa, India    

Categories :
Brief History  
Video Gallery  
Photo Gallery  
Naveen Patnaik says over 4 lakh crores of committed investments under implementation in Orissa

Naveen Patnaik reviews progress of Nijukti Mission in state

Govt committed to implement BSVKY: CM

Orissa Government to set up Rs 200 crore fund for peripheral development

  Naveen Patnaik inaugurates City-Bus service  
  Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik formally launches city-bus services at Kalinga Stadium here on Sunday. Now the capital city is in line with the metros for efficient city bus service.

As scheduled, 25 buses under the banner Bhubaneswar Puri Transport Services Limited (BPTSL) ply on two routes in the city. The two routes include one from Airport to Nandankanan and another from VSS Nagar to Dumduma.

Today no fare would be charged from passengers. As decided, the buses would halt for five minutes in main stoppages of the route. While Nandankanan to Airport route would have main stoppages at Jaydev Vihar, 120 Battalion, the VSS Nagar to Dumduma would have Vani Vihar, Master Canteen, Raj Mahal, Pokhariput, Jagamara and Khandagiri as main stoppages.

Similarly, in the second phase, new town bus service would be launched on four other routes in the city.

The fares range from Rs 2 to Rs 30. As many as 28 drivers have been appointed in the first phase.

An MoU was signed earlier between Bhubaneswar-Puri Road Transport Service Limited (BPTSL) and Dream Team-Sahara (DTS) for operationalising bus services in Bhubaneswar and Puri.

A total of 100 buses would be pressed into service in Bhubaneswar and 25 town buses would operate in Puri under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission. The project city bus services have been initiated under the PPP (Public-Private Partnership) mode between BPTSL and DTS. The Centre will bear 80 per cent of the cost of buses while the remaining 20 per cent is being borne by the state government.
  Latest News  
  2022-10-16 CM announces cash award for Commonwealth Games medal winners
  2022-10-18 CM reviews progress of special package announced for Kandhamal
Home / News / Brief History / Milestone / Achievements / Mission / Photo Gallery / Contact
          ©                                                                    Powered by netideaz